Add the Upgrade component to a building/unit’s main object to make it upgrade-able.
- Target: An array of unit/buildings prefabs that this building can upgrade to.
- Upgrade Effect: An effect object’s prefab that will be shown on the unit/building’s position when the upgrade is complete. Please check this documentation page for more information about effect objects.
- Trigger Upgrades: When this upgrade is completed, it can trigger other unit and building upgrades when they are added to these two lists. For example, an age upgrade can be achieved by allowing one upgrade launch directly triggering upgrades for all unit and building types.
- New Task Info (units only): Each task that is used to produce the unit type that is getting upgraded using this component will start producing the target upgrade unit when the upgrade is complete. Therefore, you’re able to change that task’s info post-upgrade using the following fields:
- Description: New description that will be displayed when the player’s mouse is over the task.
- Icon: New icon to be displayed in the task panel.
- Reload Time: You can change the reload time for the task after the upgrade using this field.
- Resources: You can change the resource requirements for that task using the following field.
Displaying the upgrade task on the UI task panel requires creating an upgrade task on a Task Launcher.