The 1.4.7 update comes with intensively refactored (and some even from scratch re-written) components. This guide will help you upgrade from 1.4.6 to 1.4.7 smoothly:
The 1.4.7 update brings re-written scripts for the Resource Type Info and Faction Type Info scriptable objects. This guide will walk you through collecting the attributes of those scriptable objects from v1.4.6 and convert them to the new system in v1.4.7 so you don’t to manually re-assign them:
- Make sure to backup your RTS Engine project in v1.4.6.
- Open your RTS Engine project in v1.4.6, download the Faction Resource Attributes Collector package and import it into the project.
- From the RTS Engine top-menu bar, click on Collect Faction Resource Attributes. This will go through all resource and faction type asset files and collect their attributes into one asset file. The asset file that contain the collected attributes is located in the following path: Assets\RTS Engine Update Helper\Resources\Attributes\
- Select all the generated asset file and export it into a package.
- Remove the RTS Engine Update Helper folder from your project.
- Import the v1.4.7 update from the asset store.
- Download the Faction Resource Attributes Converter package and import it into the project.
- Import the exported asset file that contain the collected attributes.
- From the RTS Engine top-menu bar, click on Convert Faction Resource Attributes. This process will convert the attributes included in the asset file into new faction type and resource asset files to be used with the 1.4.7 version of the RTS Engine.
- Finally remove the RTS Engine Update Helper folder from your project.
Moving on from the faction type and resource type attributes, make sure that after importing v1.4.7 to remove the following components:
Now go through all the map scenes and re-configure the following components from the inspector:
Finally go to your single player menu scene and re-create using the new single player lobby components which can be found here.