Task panel settings for the UI Manager component.
- Task UI Prefab: The main prefab from which all tasks in the task panel will be created. This prefab must have the Button, Image, Event Trigger and Task UI components attached to it. In the “On Click” event of the Button component, drag and drop the task UI prefab as the event source and set the event to “Task UI” -> “OnTaskClick”. For the event trigger component, add a “Pointer Enter” event type, have the prefab as the source and set the event to “Task UI” -> “ShowTaskInfo”. Then add a “Pointer Exit” event type, have the prefab as the source and set the event to “Task UI” -> “HideTaskInfo”. As for the task UI component, assign the following progress bar related fields (progress bars are used to show progress for pending tasks and to display the health of the multiple selected units):
- Empty Progress Bar: Child of the task UI prefab object, represents the state of the progress bar when it’s empty.
- Full Progress Bar: Child of the task UI prefab object, represents the state of the progress bar when it’s full
- Label: A UI Text that is child of the task UI prefab object, used to display the amount of selected entities when the task is used for multiple selection display.
- Task Panel Categories: These categories allow to organize different categories in the task panel. At least one task panel category is required (so this array can’t be empty). Each category’s ID is its index in the array. When asked to input the task panel category in another component, input the ID of the category in that field.
- Parent: Task Panel Category parent object.
- Pre Created Amount: Amount of task slots that will be created when the task panel is initialized. This ensures that tasks that have a fixed slot index will have a valid task slot.
- In Progress Task Panel: Pending tasks are set as children of the object assigned to this field.