General settings of the UI Manager component.
- Winning Menu: a UI panel activated when the player has won the game.
- Losing Menu: a UI panel activated when the player loses the game.
- Pause Menu: a UI panel activated when the player pauses the game. There’s also a pause button that’s not assigned to this component. In the “On Click” event of the Button component, drag and drop the object holding the UI Manager component as the event source and set the event to “UIManager” -> “TogglePauseMenu”.
- Freeze Menu: a UI panel activated when the game is frozen (in multiplayer when waiting for other players).
- Tooltip Panel: a UI panel that is activated when hovering over UI elements that triggers the a tooltip.
- Tooltip Text: UI Text object, child object of the above Tooltip panel used to display the tooltip message.
To make a UI object trigger a tooltip when the mouse is over it. Attach an Event Trigger component to that UI object:
- Add an “Pointer Enter” event type, have the UI Manager as the source and set the event to UI Manager -> “EnableTooltip” and pass the tooltip message as an argument.
- Add a “Pointer Exit” event type, have the UI Manager as the source and set the event to UI Manager -> “HideToolTip”.
- Population Text: UI Text that shows the player’s faction population.
- Player Message Text: UI Text object that displays messages to the player (About having not enough resources or reaching the maximum population for example).
- Player Message Reload: How long should each message be displayed for?