The NPC Resource Collector is responsible for the collection of resources.
When creating a new NPC Manager object using the RTS Engine menu. The NPC Resource Collector is a component of the new NPC Manager’s ‘NPCResourceManager’ child object.
- Collector Regulator: Drag and drop the NPC Unit Regulator asset that regulates the creation of the main resource collector unit.
- Collection Info List: This defines the resource types that the NPC faction is allowed to collect. For each resource type, a couple of settings must be set:
- Resource Type Info: Drag and drop the Resource Type Info asset that defines the resource type.
- Instance Collectors Ratio (between 0.0 and 1.0): This defines the ratio of the collectors that will be sent to collect an instance of this resource type to the available collectors slots.
- Max Collectors Ratio Range (between 0.0 and 1.0): This defines the ratio of the amount of collectors that can collect this resource type to the total amount of collectors available.
- Collection Timer Range (in seconds): Defines how often this component will check resources to collect.
- Collect On Demand: If other components request the collection of a resource, this field must be enabled in order for that request to be accepted.