The NPC Population Manager is responsible for managing faction resources.
When creating a new NPC Manager object using the RTS Engine menu. The NPC Population Manager is a component of the new NPC Manager’s ‘NPCOtherManagers’ child object.
- Population Building: Drag and drop the NPC Building Regulator asset that regulates the creation of main population building (the building that will be mainly used to increase the maximum population slots).
- Target Population Range: The target population slots amount that the faction will attempt to reach.
- Population On Demand:
- Enabled: Can other NPC components request to increase the faction’s population?
- Acceptance Range (between 0.0 and 1.0): If requesting to increase the faction’s population is allowed, this defines if that request will be accepted (the higher, the more chance that the request will be accepted with 0.0 -> never accepted and 1.0 -> always accepted).
- Min Free Population Slots: The minimum amount of population slots allowed.