The NPC Building Constructor is responsible for the construction of buildings.
When creating a new NPC Manager object using the RTS Engine menu. The NPC Building Constructor is a component of the new NPC Manager’s “NPCBuildingManagers” child object.
- Builders: Drag and drop the unit prefabs with a Builder component that you want the NPC faction to use as building construction units. If the NPC Manager that this component belongs to is supposed to be used for different NPC types or different faction types then you can have units that play for those different types in this list because they will be filtered once this component is initialized (meaning only the units that fit the faction type and NPC type will be activated and used by the NPC faction). Make sure that units in this list have their regulator data correctly defined.
- Construction Timer Range (in seconds): How often does this component check for faction building that need construction?
- Construction Task Priority: Each time this component detects a building that needs construction, it will add a ‘Construction Task’ to the NPC Task Manager at the queue with the ID entered in this field.
- Target Builders Ratio (between 0.0 and 1.0): Defines the ratio of the builder’s amount to the maximum allowed builder’s amount of a building.
- Construct On Demand: If another component requests the construction of a certain building, that request will be accepted only if this field is enabled.