The Movement Manager component manages unit movement in the game.
When you’re creating a new map using the RTS Engine menu editor, this component is attached to an object called “MvtManager”.
- Ground/Air Unit Layer Mask: Layer mask that only includes the layer of the object that holds the Target Position Collider for ground/air units. For more information about the Target Position Collider, check out the Unit component documentation page.
- Mvt Stopping Distance: Movement stopping distance, make sure this is not 0 because that leads to weird behavior.
- Mvt Target Effect Obj: An object that gets activated when the player orders a unit or a group of units to move a position in the map. This object highlights the movement destination by flashing it. This object has the Mvt Target Effect component which has the following fields:
- Life Time: For how long will it be shown for?
- Flash: Enabling the flash effect?
- Flash Every: The flashing effect cycle.