The Movement Manager component manages unit movement in the game.
When you’re creating a new map using the RTS Engine menu editor, this component is attached to an object called “MvtManager”.
- Unit Layer Mask: Layer mask that only includes the layer of the object that holds the Target Position Collider for units. For more information about the Target Position Collider, check out the Unit component documentation page.
- Mvt Stopping Distance: Movement stopping distance, make sure this is not 0 because that leads to weird behavior.
- Mvt Target Effect Obj: An object that gets activated when the player orders a unit or a group of units to move a position in the map. This object highlights the movement destination by flashing it. This object has the Mvt Target Effect component which has the following fields:
- Life Time: For how long will it be shown for?
- Flash: Enabling the flash effect?
- Flash Every: The flashing effect cycle.