The Faction Type Info is an asset file that allows you to define a faction type and then use it in any of the maps.
To create a new faction type, right-click with the mouse in the project tab and click on: Create -> RTS Engine -> Faction Type. An asset file will be then created, select it and define the new faction type info from the inspector.
- Name: Name of the faction that will be displayed in the UI.
- Code: A unique code which defines a faction from another.
- Capital Building: if the faction uses a special building capital (the building that is spawned at the beginning of the map). If not, leave this empty.
- Center Building: if the faction uses a special building center then assign it here. If not, leave this empty.
- Population Building: if the faction uses a special population building then assign it here. If not, leave this empty.
- Extra Buildings: A list of buildings that only this faction has, buildings in this list usually do not go in the “All Buildings” list in the Building Placement component.
- Limits: Define limitation for the amount of a building/unit type that this faction type can have at the same time.
- Code: You can either choose to input a list of unit/buildings codes or categories for each element. That will determine the type of the unit/building which will be tracked by this faction limit element.
- Max Amount: Input the maximum amount that this faction type can have of the above building/unit at the same time.