The building’s parent object has the following Unity components. This documentation discusses the role of each one of this components.
Collider component object with “Is Trigger” set to true. This Collider represents the frontiers of the building where no other object (whether it’s a building, resource or any other object). This collider can actually cover more than the building’s model.
Rigidbody component with “Is Kinematic” set to true and “Use Gravity” set to false.
Audio Source component with:
- “Spatial Band” set to 3D (equal to 1).
- Under “3D Sound Settings:
- “Doppler Level” and “Spread” both set to 0.
- “Volume Rolloff” set to “Linear Rolloff”.
- “Min Distance” and “Max Distance” set to values that mirror how loud you want sound coming from the building to be heard from distance.
Navigation Mesh Obstacle:
Nav Mesh Obstacle with “Carve” set to true. Make sure the Navigation Mesh Obstacle size is smaller than the Frontier Collider.
Worker Positions: The size of this array defines the maximum amount of builders that this building can have simultaneously. For each element of the array you can define a specific construction position in the “Pos” field if you want to make the construction positions static. If not, then the construction positions will be dynamic and the unit will pick the closest position to the building as an interaction position.