The Building Placement component handles placing buildings for the player controlled faction.
When you’re creating a new map using the RTS Engine menu editor, this component is attached to an object called “BuildingsManager”.
- All Buildings: A list that holds all the buildings prefabs that the player’s faction can build. If there are buildings that are faction-specific, do not include them in this list. They will be automatically added if they are defined correctly in the Game Manager.
- Building Y Offset: This value will be added to the building’s position on the y axis when it is placed on the map.
- Hold And Spawn: If activated, this will allow the player to keep placing the same building over and over while holding the Hold And Spawn Key.
- Free Buildings: All buildings that have “Free Building” enabled must be in this list.
- Free Building Selection Color: When a selection a building that does not belong to any faction, this is the color of the selection texture.
- Buildings Inside Borders: When enabled, then the player will only be able to place buildings inside his faction’s borders. When disabled, the player will be able to place buildings anywhere in the map (even outside the faction’s borders).
- Send To Build Audio: Audio clip played when the player sends a unit to build a building.
- Place Building Audio: Audio clip played when the player places a building.