When attached to an object, the Attack Object and Effect Obj components allow the object to be launched through the attack component towards enemy faction entities.
A Collider component with “Is Trigger” enabled and a Rigidbody component with “Is Gravity” disabled and “Is Kinematic” enabled is also required to be attached to the attack object. This ensures that the attack object can detect collision with enemy faction entities and that its movement is not influenced by gravity.
- Speed: The movement speed of the attack object.
- Movement Type: Either linear or parabolic movement:
- Linear: No additional fields are required to be filled
- Parabolic: When it comes to a parabolic movement, assign the Maximum Height field to the height that the attack object will reach during the movement (it will reach the max height when it’s in the middle between the start and target positions). The Minimum Distance field is the minimum distance required to have between the attack object’s start position and its target position in order to have a parabolic movement, when the distance is less than the specified minimum, the movement will be just linear.
- Damage Once: Can the attack object damage multiple entities or only one?
- Destroy On Damage: Is the attack object destroyed (hidden) when it does damage?
- Trigger Effect: This Effect Obj is an the effect that is shown when the attack object is activated/spawned.
The life time of the attack object can be specified in the Effect Obj component attached to the attack object’s prefab.